Are you a resident of Assam belonging to the economically weaker sections (EWS) and need to apply for government schemes and jobs that provide reservations? An EWS certificate can help you avail of such benefits. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to get an EWS certificate in Assam.
EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate is a document that certifies a person belongs to the economically weaker section of the society. It is an income and asset certificate issued to the citizens belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society. The certificate is required to claim the benefits of reservations in education and employment. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of applying for an EWS certificate in Assam.
Overview of EWS certificate in Assam.
|Name of Certificate
|EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate
|Revenue and Disaster Management Department of the Government of Assam
|Get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in posts and services in the Government of Assam.
To be eligible for the EWS certificate in Assam, an individual must fulfill the following criteria:
The person should not be covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs.
The person should be a permanent resident of Assam
The family income of the individual from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.
The family should not own or possess any of the following assets:
- 15 Bigha of agricultural Land and above in rural areas.
- 1 Bigha of residential land and above in rural areas.
- 1.5 Katha of land in notified Municipal Corporation/Municipal Board/Town Committee Area.
- House of built-up area more than 1000 Sq.ft. and above in notified Municipal Corporation/Municipal Board/Town Committee area.
Documents Required To Apply
The following documents are required to apply for an EWS certificate in Assam:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Salary slip (if employed)
- Land revenue receipt (on verification by LM in case of farmer)
- Any other documents (e.g., Voter List, Gaon Burrah Certificate, Land Revenue Payment Receipt, etc.)
Authorized Officers to Issue Income and Asset Certificates in Assam:
The following officers are authorized to issue income and asset certificates in Assam:
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
Steps to Apply for EWS Certificate in Assam:
Follow the steps below to apply for an EWS certificate in Assam:
- Visit the nearest office of the circle officer, revenue circle, or tehsildar of your area.
- Collect the application form for the EWS certificate.
- Fill out the application form with accurate and complete details.
- Attach the required documents, such as address proof, identity proof, and income proof.
- Submit the application form and the necessary documents to the designated officer.
- The officer will verify the details provided in the application form and documents.
- Once the verification process is complete, the EWS certificate will be issued to you.
|Income and Asset Certificate Format
|EWS Certificate Format
|Link 1 | Link 2
FAQ of EWS Certificate Assam In Assam
A: EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate is an income and asset certificate issued by the Government of Assam to identify citizens belonging to the economically weaker sections of the society. It is issued to those individuals who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs, and whose family has an annual income of less than Rs. 8 lakh.
A: Individuals who are not covered under the reservation scheme for SCs, STs, and OBCs and have an annual family income below Rs. 8 lakh are eligible to apply for an EWS Certificate in Assam.
A: The validity of an EWS Certificate in Assam is for a period of one year from the date of issue. After one year, the certificate needs to be renewed by following the same application process.